Congratulations to the winner of the Hericium Digest Superfood Powder in our “January Mushroom Recipe Contest”!
Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make this contest a success! Stay tuned for our next contest in February!
Courgette & mushroom bread
- 3 medium courgette grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g mushrooms, chopped
- 350g plain flour
- 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ tbsp coarse sea salt to sprinklePut grated courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt.
Leave to stand for 20 mins, then squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible. Rinse courgettes thoroughly, then squeeze again! Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the flour in a large mixing bowl, stir in the yeast, the remaining oil and salt, the basil and the courgette mixture. Mix well. Make a well in the center & add 125ml hand-hot water. Mix well to form a slightly sticky dough. Knead on a floured surface for about 10 mins, then shape into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet. Flatten the ball of dough very slightly with the palm of your hand and cover loosely with oiled cling film. Leave to rise in a warm place for 25-30 mins until doubled in size. Brush the top of the dough with a little water, then sprinkle with the sea salt and bake for 40 mins until golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
We received many amazing recipes that inspired many followers on Facebook. Some of the entries include:
Mushroom spinach and broccoli
Simmer split red lentils in a pan of seasoned boiling water for 15 mins until soft and ready to eat. In a separate pan sauté mushrooms, garlic, broccoli and spinach, add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze fresh lemon when serving…
Mushroom panzanella salad
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, tear the bread into chunks, then gently fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until toasted. Drain on kitchen paper and season with salt.
- Slice the garlic and onion. Heat 1 tbsp oil in the frying pan, fry the garlic and onion for 10 minutes or until soft, then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and turn the heat to high. Slice the mushrooms, then fry in batches for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden (see tip).
- Return the onion/garlic to the pan, add the vinegar and wine and some seasoning, then simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Dress the rocket with the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Tear the mozzarella into chunks, then combine all the ingredients (include any juices in the pan) on a platter.
Deliciously quick! Deliciously tasty!